Made with Jenan
Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Servings: How many servings
What do i need?
- Falafel Patties
- JENAN® white oats - ½ cup ground
- Chickpeas - 3 cups cooked
- Onion - ¾ cup loosely chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves (diced and cooked 1.to golden)
- Parsley and Cilantro - ½ to ¾ cup
- Coriander - 3 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste ½ to 1 tsp salt (depends on whether the chickpeas are salted)
- Lemon juice - 1 (freshly squeezed)
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Radish, Lettuce, Cucumber, Tahini or Hummus – to serve
How do i prepare it?
- In a processor, mince onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro and coriander. Add chickpeas. Grind to make a coarse paste, adding oil towards the end. Transfer to a bowl, add sesame seeds, Jenan oats and mix in. Add enough oats to make a soft doughy mixture. Set aside in refrigerator to chill. The dough will become less sticky as it chills. Chill the mixture for 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust salt (if required). Shape into patties and pan fry on a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Toast burger buns. Assemble the burger with sliced radish, lettuce, cucumber, falafel patties and a generous amount of tahini dressing or a layer of hummus. Ready to serve.